PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes 12 cookies
Ingredients for the Cookies
¾ cup peanut butter (both creamy or crunchy work)
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup (approx. 110gms) butter at room temperature
1 cup chocolate chips
Other Things You'll Need
Electric hand mixer
Creating the Magic
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and keep aside
- With an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, peanut butter and egg one at a time, beating until smooth (not if you’re using crunchy peanut butter).
- Bit-by-bit add the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula with broad strokes till the mixture is well incorporated.
- Using an ice-cream scoop (if you don’t have one, use a spoon) drop small balls of dough on the cookie sheet at least an inch apart from one another.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven (they may look a bit under-cooked and doughy still, but remove nonetheless) and allow to cool. Devour immediately after!